08 Nov Strange Laws From Around The U.S.
As many people are aware, not every law is a good law. There are some very strange and obscure laws out there. Every single state in the country has some weird law that would make a person wonder why it even exists.
Here are a few examples:
- Whistling while underwater is prohibited in West Virginia.
- In Maine, you may not step out of a plane that is currently in flight.
- In Delaware, it is illegal to fly over any body of water unless one is caring sufficient amounts of food and drink.
- Prisoners in Louisiana who hurt themselves can end up serving an additional 2 years in jail.
- Women in Vermont have to get permission from their husband in order to wear false teeth.
- It is illegal to teach others what polygamy in Mississippi.
These are just a sampling of weird laws from around the country. For something a little closer to home, check out some of these weird California laws.
- Women may not drive in a house coat.
- Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
- Bathhouses are illegal.
- In Baldwin Park, nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
- Blythe residents are not allowed to wear cowboys unless they own more than 2 cows.
As you can see, there are strange laws all over the U.S.. It doesn’t matter what state a person lives in, there is undoubtedly some bizarre laws that makes no sense. Luckily, most law enforcement agencies would not arrest someone for breaking these weird laws, although it could lead to being a great story later in life.