Marijuana is now legal in California. Whether you voted yes or no, you are probably wondering what the new rules really are. Can anybody smoke weed wherever they want now? Who can purchase it and how much? Here is some helpful information to know about the passing of Prop 64:
- The law did not change the rules overnight so anyone cannot simply walk into a dispensary and purchase marijuana yet.
- The new Bureau of Marijuana Control will develop terms and conditions for retailers to follow by January 2018.
- Retailers must have a state license to sell.
- City residents will vote on additional regulations. Marijuana is legal in the state, but cities can still retain control for certain regulations.
- Recreational weed will have to be defined separately than medicinal weed.
- Marijuana-related felonies will be reduced to misdemeanors and other marijuana-crimes will no longer be crimes.
- Individuals convicted of marijuana crimes may now apply for resentencing or expungement.
The information on Prop 64 goes far beyond what was just laid out, so those who are hoping to benefit from the legalization of marijuana might want to read up on it.
So there you have it. Now you may be wondering why we at Modesto Bail Bond Store are talking about it? It is true that at some point, you may not have to worry about smoking weed and getting arrested, but you need to make sure you are still following the law. There are still marijuana-related crimes.
If you do need to bail out of jail, contact Modesto Bail Bond Store by calling 209-575-1010 or clicking Chat With Us online. Talk to one of our helpful bail agents for a FREE consultation. Do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have. We also offer zero down bail bonds and discounts, so feel free to ask about it. We work around the clock, so call us anytime! We are here to help, so let us!