As you are aware, just a few weeks ago, a murder-suicide shook the UCLA community. A student shot his professor before turning the gun on himself. Over the course of the investigation, the police found additional weapons in the suspect’s car and home, and also found another victim in his home. The suspect had planned out his attacks, as he had a “hit list.”
This tragedy came just a day before the little known “National Gun Violence Awareness Day.” Because of this, we at Modesto Bail Bond Store would like to remind you all, again, of some of California’s gun laws.
- All guns must be purchased through a licensed dealer.
- All purchasers must pass a background check, a period of 10 days, and a written test.
- Assault weapons and .50 caliber rifles are illegal to sell, purchase, and own.
- All guns must be micro-stamped. The gun will have a certain ID code, registered to a certain person. With new guns, this code will be stamped onto the bullet casing each time it is fired. When an investigation is necessary, the police can easily tell what bullet came from whose gun.
- Guns must be stored securely at home, inaccessible by others, especially children.
- If someone who owns a gun, is believed to be dangerous and may will inflict harm, friends and family can report them. The police will confiscate the guns for 21 days while investigating the claim.
- Lost or stolen firearms must be reported to the police.
California has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the entire United States. These are the basic level laws that are good for everyone to know. Owning a gun requires a huge amount of responsibility and should not be allowed in just anyone’s hands.
We strongly urge that if you suspect someone you know is going to do something wrong with their guns, please contact the police immediately. If you know someone who has been arrested and needs to be bailed out of jail, then please call Modesto Bail Bond Store immediately at 209-575-1010, or Chat With Us online. We are available to serve you around the clock, 7 days a week. Consultation is FREE, so call us anytime and don’t forget to ask about our zero down bail bonds. The sooner we get in touch, the sooner your loved one can return home.